How To Make Marijuana,Spinach & Artichoke Dip
Today, we’re tempting your taste ‘buds’ and teaching you how to make marijuana, spinach and artichoke dip!
Spinach is rich in vitamins A, C and K, magnesium, iron and manganese.
Eating this leafy green veggie may benefit eye health, reduce oxidative stress and reduce blood pressure levels among other health functions.
Artichokes are rich in minerals such as potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus, which are known to help out our hearts!
But really, if you’re anything like me? You just want something that tastes great, gives you a nice buzz and makes your guests feel great too!
Am I right? So let’s get this recipe going, with a few tips before you start.
Tips On Cooking With Cannabis
- Find and practice making recipes that include olive oil, butter, or coconut oil because Cannabinoids are drawn to fats and oils which allows the THC and other compounds to become active. Since most recipes include these ingredients, your options are endless!
- Once you’ve chosen your recipe, you will know what flavors to look for when searching for the perfect cannabis strain to elevate your meal. Whatever the most prominent flavor in the dish is, try to match that to the strain’s terpene profile. ( Limonene, Myrcene, Linalool, etc)
- Trim or shake usually costs far less than full flower buds. Purchasing the flower already broken up will also save you time in the kitchen when creating the infusion. Voila!
Marijuana, Spinach & Artichoke Dip
You *could* place your finished dip in a nice, decorative bowl and call it a day!
BUT if you have the time, why not stuff your yummy Marijuana, Spinach & Artichoke Dip in a decadent, fresh pumpernickel round-loaf?
The best part of this is that if you can get a freshly-baked loaf, you’ll have the best-tasting experience to enjoy this dip!
Try it out, and see what you think. Happy Baking, Cannachefs!
Time To Cook With Cannabis!
- 8 oz Cream Cheese Full fat.
- 2/3 cup Sour Cream Full fat.
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise You guessed it! Full fat.
- 4-6 tbsp Cannabutter The more Cannabutter, the more possible buzz!
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese split in half – some you’ll use later
- 2 cloves Garlic – Fresh Minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesean Cheese Fresh, grated. Don’t skimp here!
- 1/2 cup Gruyere Cheese
- 10 oz Frozen Chopped Spinach Towel dry to remove extra moisture
- 14 oz Artichoke Hearts Marinated & Chopped
- 1 whole Pumpernickle Bread – Freshly Baked Save for later.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, cannabutter, mayonnaise and garlic with a hand mixer until fluffy
Stir in parmesan cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, gruyere cheese, spinach, and artichokes.
Place into a 9×9 oven safe dish, and top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is browned.
While your dip is baking, you can cut a hole on the top of your bread, making sure you don’t cut all the way through – this is where your dip will be put into – so you want a good thick base at the bottom so the dip doesn’t run out!
Gently remove the “lid” and inside pieces and tear the bread up into small little chunks – perfect for dipping later on.
Place the bread on a large plate, and put the bread chunks around the edges.
Once your dip is ready, let it cook for just a few minutes, and then transfer it over into the bread bowl.
You can add a little more cheese on top if you like, and you can always include tortilla chips, rice crackres, veggie sticks or anything else you like to dip! Enjoy!
If you’re starting to cook with Cannabis, or you are a seasoned Canna-Chef, check out more recipes here.
For great ideas, pairings and cooking products, check out these products.